A Taste of Colombette
I stumbled across this winery at an event in the South of France in 2017, I had thirty minutes left before I had to leave to catch a flight back home and within ten minutes I knew I wanted these guys on board. Their wines are exciting, dynamic and the family are friendly and at the forefront of modern winemaking with respect to the environment. They have a number of vineyards around the property, some are classified organic. Use of chemical weed killers are prohibited (except in exeptional circumstances). Wines generally have lower sulphite levels and exhibit more natural fruit characters.
We list twelve of their wines, so it was a real challenge selecting six. We have the two Rosé's, which are both stunning value in their own way. The fresh and delicate Sauvignon Blanc, the floral and fragrant Souvignier Muscaris which is from experiemental vines and is classified organic. The easy drinking spice giving Grenache Syrah and finally the Aux Creux Du Nid Rouge. In previous years this wine has been classed as "No added sulphites", unfortunately in the 2019 naturally the sulphite levels ended up at 20mg/L. The limit on sulphites for "No added sulphites" is 10mg/L, so they cant state this on this vintage. Sulphite levels can reach 200mg/L in red wines, so at 20mg/L this is incredibly low.
- 1 bottle of Domaine Colombette Grenache Rosé 2022 Pays d'Herault France
- 1 bottle of Domaine Colombette Syrah Rosé Bio 2019 Pays d'Herault France
- 1 bottle of Domaine Colombette Grenache Syrah 2019 Pays d'Herault France
- 1 bottle of Domaine Colombette Aux Creux du Nid Rouge 2022 Vin de France (from experimental vines) France
- 1 bottle of Domaine Colombette Sauvignon Blanc 2022 Pays d'Herault France
- 1 bottle of Domaine Colombette Souvignier Muscaris 2020 Vin de France (from experimental vines) France