A Taste of Eguren Ugarte
Eguren Ugarte is a family company, whose Riojas are marketed under the Ugarte name. The family traces its winemaking back to 1870, when Don Amancio Ugarte began to cultivate vines and mature his own wines. Situated in the Rioja Alavesa just outside the lovely medieval hill town of Laguardia. Victorino Eguren Ugarte, grandson of the founder , with his children built the new cellar Heredad Ugarte (Heredad = heir or heritage) in 1989. At harvest time the grapes are driven up to the reception area above the cellars, which then use a gravity system to fill the fermentation tanks, from which the wine later goes to the oak barrels below for ageing. Thus the wine gets the gentlest treatment at all stages of its life. They have some amazing old vineyards and produce a range of wines showing the beautiful diversity of Rioja. This six bottle case has a variety of styles from the crisp, fresh Ugarte Blanco and the oaky Malvasia for the whites. For the reds, the easy drinking Cosecha, the soft fruity Cuarenta, the serious Ochenta (unfiltered, 100% Tempranillo & 20 months in new American oak) and mind blowing Martin Cendoya Reserva.
- 1 bottle of Eguren Ugarte Blanco 2019, Rioja Spain
- 1 bottle of Eguren Ugarte Malvasia 2022, Rioja Spain
- 1 bottle of Eguren Ugarte Cosecha 2021, Rioja Spain
- 1 bottle of Eguren Ugarte Cuarenta 2017, Rioja Spain
- 1 bottle of Eguren Ugarte Ochenta 2018, Rioja Spain
- 1 bottle of Martin Cendoya Reserva 2016, Rioja Spain